In addition to practicing law, Mark Feigenbaum has worked in accounting, tax and management positions in entertainment, retail, manufacturing and public accounting. He has taught both full and part time university undergraduate and graduate programs and regularly conducts continuing education programs for the Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario and other organizations.
He is uniquely positioned to provide tax advice to clients on both sides of the border. He has professional accounting designations from both Canada and the US, and has been admitted to the bar in the US and Canada.
Mark has developed a reputation for finding creative solutions to the most challenging legal problems and is known for the exceptional quality of his work. Other professionals such as lawyers, accountants, financial planners, agents, and business managers, frequently refer complicated matters to the firm.
Mark has a law degree (J.D.), a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Entertainment and Media Law, and a Doctor of Juridical Science (J.S.D.) in International Tax Law with a dissertation titled “An Analysis of Canada/US Cross-Border Taxation as it Applies to the Sports and Entertainment Industry”. He also completed a Certificate in Entertainment and Media Law from Osgoode Hall Law School, York University and The Business of Entertainment, Media and Sports program at Harvard Business School, Harvard University.
He completed graduate courses in Canadian taxation at the University of Waterloo, and courses in advanced US and international taxation, family law, and intellectual property at the University of Buffalo School of Law.
Mark also holds Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Accounting from California and a Master of Arts (M.A.) in Adult Education from Michigan. He completed his coursework and comprehensive examinations for a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) at the University of Toronto in the Department of Theory and Policy Studies in Education, focusing on the economics of public/private funding of graduate education.
- Fellow, Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant (FCPA, FCA, Ontario)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (Illinois, District of Columbia)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
Admitted to Practice Law:
- Bar of the District of Columbia (Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia)
- Licensed as a Barrister and Solicitor by the Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario)
- Licensed as a Foreign Legal Consultant by the Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims